Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Nakatsu, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the parks, monuments and museums.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Kitakyushu (KKJ), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Nakatsu
- Well-known for its museums and attractions, such as Yukichi Fukuzawa Memorial Museum, Kubote Museum, and Oita Prefectural Museum of History
- Its monuments and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Komo Shrine, Nakatsu Castle, and Torii Bridge
- The natural setting of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Yabakei, Hachimenzan Peace Park, and Nishishiiya Falls
Getting around Nakatsu
There are plenty of options for getting around Nakatsu. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Imazu station.
Staying in Nakatsu
For trips with the family or other getaways, consider a highly rated traditional hotel like Hotel Route-Inn Nakatsu-Ekimae.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Route-Inn Nakatsu-Ekimae with a 4.8 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Nakatsu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the nighttime average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nakatsu is 38 millimetres