Travellers to Murcia give high marks for the relaxing spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cocktail bars, archaeological sites and beaches. Top sights in the city include Sierra Espuna, Terra Natura and Mar Menor.
- There are 1547 hotels and other accommodation options in Murcia
- The closest major airport is in Corvera (RMU-Region de Murcia Intl.), 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Alicante (ALC-Alicante Intl.), 53.2 mi (85.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Murcia
Cultural venues in the city include La Conservera, Pedro Cano Foundation and Salzillo Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Parroquia San Juan Bautista, Church of San Miguel and Plaza de Santa Isabel. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sierra Espuna, Mar Menor and Azud de Ojós.
In Orihuela, you'll find 1547 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rusticae Hospedería Bajo el Cejo - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel 525 - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- ALEGRIA Dos Playas - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Puerto de Mazarron can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Murcia include Terra Natura and La Manga Club.
Getting around Murcia
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Murcia Station, Murcia (XUT-Murcia del Carmen Train Station) or Cieza Station. Murcia might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Murcia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Murcia gets about 287.90 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C