Search Hotels in Mornington Peninsula
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Mar 2020
Where to stay in Mornington Peninsula
With a pretty bay on one side and rugged ocean on the other, this heritage seaside town is ideal for exploring the coast, seeing local art and spotting dolphins.
Discover epicurean delights in this gorgeous hinterland region on the Mornington Peninsula, famous for its wines, cheeses and sun-ripened berries.
See the wild ocean on one side and the peaceful bay on the other at this national park and resort village on the Mornington Peninsula’s westernmost tip.
Sheltered beaches and campsites fringed by pretty banksias and she-oaks at the foothills of Arthur’s Seat make this town a favourite for laid-back travellers.
Check out this coastal city and its chic waterfront precinct, beaches, galleries and shopping centres: the perfect introduction to the Mornington Peninsula.
Visiting Mornington Peninsula
Travellers to Mornington Peninsula give high marks for the pristine golf courses and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its wineries and hot springs. Top sights in the city include Mornington Racecourse, Pennisula Hot Springs and Rye Beach.
- There are 1054 hotels and other accommodation options in Mornington Peninsula
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 41.8 mi (67.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mornington Peninsula
Cultural venues in the city include Pt Leo Estate Sculpture Park, Frankston Arts Centre and Manyung Gallery. Attractions like Pennisula Hot Springs, Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park and Ace-Hi Ranch are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hot springs and these places to visit: Rye Beach, Sorrento Front Beach and Hastings Foreshore Reserve.
In Mornington, you'll find 1054 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Weeroona - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features a full-service spa, free breakfast and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast.
- Sunny Side Up B&B - Our customers like the beach locale and room size at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Harmony Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers love its high-quality beds and walkable location.
Other top sights in Mornington Peninsula include Mornington Racecourse. Outside the city, popular places to see include Adventure Park Geelong, 29.9 mi/48 km from the city centre, and Barwon Heads Golf Club, which is 30.5 mi (49.1 km) away.
Getting around Mornington Peninsula
With so many transport options, exploring Mornington Peninsula is a breeze. Head to Frankston Station to catch the metro. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Bittern Station, Melbourne Hastings Station or Melbourne Morroadoo Station.
Dressing for Mornington Peninsula
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Mornington Peninsula gets about 12 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Mornington Peninsula by Star Rating
- Areas of Mornington Peninsula
- Accommodation near Mornington Peninsula Attractions
- More accommodation types in Mornington Peninsula
- Choose Your Mornington Peninsula Hotel Style
- Search Mornington Peninsula Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Mornington Peninsula
- Hotels Near Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends