Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Cowes, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its spas.
- There are 223 hotels and other accommodation options in Cowes
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 50.8 mi (81.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 53.3 mi (85.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cowes
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Cowes Beach. Wildlife is a top activity, and Phillip Island Ferry Dock is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Phillip Island Wildlife Park to your agenda.
Dressing for Cowes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Cowes gets about 12 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C