Search Hotels in Montevideo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 3 Dec 2019
Where to stay in Montevideo
4/5Very Good!(8 area reviews)
Centro is noteworthy for its shopping, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Plaza Fabini and Salvo Palace.
5/5Exceptional!(5 area reviews)
Ciudad Vieja is noteworthy for its historical sites, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Montevideo Cathedral and Puerto de Montevideo.
If you're spending some time in Aguada, Legislative Palace and Mercado Agricola de Montevideo are top sights worth seeing.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Montevideo, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Cultural and urban, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes.
- There are 152 hotels and other accommodation options in Montevideo
- The closest major airport is in Montevideo (MVD-Carrasco Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Montevideo
Cultural venues in the city include Salvo Palace, Museo Torres Garcia and Solis Theater. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Montevideo Cabildo, Independence Plaza, and Montevideo Cathedral. The city's natural beauty is on display at Bay of Montevideo, Ramirez Beach and Pocitos Beach.
Getting around Montevideo
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Montevideo Central Station, Montevideo Dr. Lorenzo Carnelli Station or Montevideo Yatay Station. Montevideo might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Montevideo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 28°C and the night-time average to be 13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Montevideo gets about 950.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Montevideo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Montevideo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Montevideo?
What's the best hotel for families in Montevideo?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Montevideo?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Montevideo?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Montevideo?
What's the best luxury hotel in Montevideo?
What's the best boutique hotel in Montevideo?
Where's the best place to stay in Montevideo to be near historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Montevideo?
Montevideo Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Montevideo by Star Rating
- Hotels near Montevideo Airports
- Areas of Montevideo
- Accommodation near Montevideo Attractions
- More accommodation types in Montevideo
- Choose Your Montevideo Hotel Style
- Search Montevideo Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Montevideo
- Hotels Near Montevideo, Uruguay
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends