Visitors to Midland are sure to enjoy the sporting events, shopping and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos and university setting. A top sight in the city is Lake Huron.
- You'll find 92 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Saginaw
- The closest major airport is in Saginaw, MI (MBS-MBS Intl.), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Midland
The city's cultural venues include Midland Center for the Arts and Herbert D. Doan Midland County History Center. Notable city landmarks like The Tridge and Alden Dow Home and Studio might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Lake Huron, Dow Gardens and Emerson Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Midland. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Midland Marriott - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- SpringHill Suites Marriott Midland - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Midland - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to visit in the area include Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, 24.4 mi/39.3 km from the city centre, and The Dow Event Center, which is 19.5 mi (31.3 km) away.
Dressing for Midland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -8°C
- About 813 millimetres of rain falls on Midland each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -8°C