Visitors to Mataró are sure to enjoy the marina and spas. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and relaxing setting. Circuit de Catalunya, Mar Bella Beach and Port Olimpic are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 3354 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Barcelona
- The closest major airport is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 25.8 mi (41.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 29 mi (46.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mataró
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Mataro Beach. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Port De Mataro is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Circuit de Catalunya and Mar Bella Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Mataró. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- New Hotel Colón - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- URH Ciutat de Mataró - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include Port Olimpic, 17.2 mi/27.7 km from the city centre, and Sagrada Familia, which is 17.5 mi/28.2 km away.
Getting around Mataró
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Mataro Station. Mataró might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mataró
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 7°C
- About 587.20 millimetres of rain falls on Mataró each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 7°C