Kenzi Menara is a beautiful property, well-maintained with a gorgeous, gigantic (unheated) pool. My two children (11 and 8) and I arrived here after an awful two nights at the Iberostar Club Palmeraie. We were all relieved at the beauty, cleanliness and level of luxury and service at Kenzi.
I feel like I can't give the most accurate review because during this time of COVID, things are obviously quite different—from the emptiness of the hotel to the spa being closed.
That said, here are Pros and Cons:
1. The room we were initially given was lovely and spacious (55m2) with a garden view/patio. However, the shower overflowed—water everywhere—and the toilet flush button kept jamming. The heater also didn't work.
2. I was offered another room that night, but they were all quite similar and it was quite late so they said they would show me other rooms the next day.
3. Next day's room was lovely. On the second floor with a view of the pool and Atlas Mountains. I simply wonder why we weren't given this room to begin with as the hotel was nearly empty, but I suppose this is how hotels work!
4. The buffet was delicious, if repetitive by the end of the week. The breakfast buffet was the most chaotic with uncleared tables, no utensils or cups, glassware. No juice or water left if you arrived on the later end.
5. The bar and bartender by the pool are wonderful. Terrific mojitos and cappuccinos and very kind to me and my children.
6. The staff are all lovely, but