Visitors to Mandalay are sure to enjoy the cocktail bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and monuments. A top sight in the city is Mandalay Hill.
- There are 166 hotels and other accommodation options in Mandalay
- The closest major airport is in Mandalay (MDL-Mandalay Intl.), 21.8 mi (35.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Mandalay
The city is notable for landmarks like Kuthodaw Pagoda, Mandalay Palace and Mahamuni Pagoda. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mandalay Hill and Yadanarpon Diamond Plaza.
In Sagaing, you'll find 166 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Aurora - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- The Home Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Bagan King Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting around Mandalay
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Mandalay Central Railway Station. Mandalay might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mandalay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 14°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 19°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 8°C
- Mandalay gets about 1231.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 8°C