Visitors can enjoy all that Makassar has to offer including the waterfront and theme park. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe. Top sights in the city include Losari Beach and Trans Studio Makassar.
- There are 224 hotels and other accommodation options in Makassar
- The closest major airport is in Makassar (UPG-Sultan Hasanuddin Intl.), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Makassar
Notable city landmarks like Universitas Hasanuddin and Fort Rotterdam might be worth a visit. Other notable sights to explore include Losari Beach and Trans Studio Makassar.
In Biringkanya, you can choose from 224 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Melia Makassar - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Aston Makassar Hotel & Convention Center - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Four Points By Sheraton Makassar - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its room size.
Dressing for Makassar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 22°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 21°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 22°C
- Average annual rainfall for Makassar is 2659 millimetres
- Usually May and September are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas September and August are often coldest, averaging 21°C