History buffs will enjoy a visit to Lunel-Viel and visitors are sure to appreciate the monuments and museums. Welcoming and walkable, this countryside city will also delight visitors with its restaurants, shopping, and bars.
- Though not directly in Lunel-Viel, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Montpellier (MPL-Montpellier - Mediterranean), 9.5 mi (15.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Lunel-Viel
- Wine tasting, taking an adventure tour, and golfing are top activities, while sights to visit include Tyroliane Adventure Park, Domaine Guinand Winery, and Viavino
- Museums and opera are well-known in the area, and attractions include Agropolis Museum, Fabre Museum, and Medard Museum
- Popular attractions include Mare Nostrum Aquarium and Peyrou Gardens
- Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks to visit include Constance Tower, Comedy Square, and Phare de la Mediterranee
- The natural beauty of the countryside is picturesque, and Botanical Garden is worth a visit
Lunel-Viel is adjacent to Saint-Christol. Popular sights in the area include Temple of Diana and Fountain Gardens.
Getting around Lunel-Viel
There are many transportation options in Lunel-Viel. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Montpellier Lunel-Viel Station.
Dressing for Lunel-Viel
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Lunel-Viel is 20 millimetres