Visiting La Grande-Motte
Visitors can enjoy all that La Grande-Motte has to offer including the theme park, casinos and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, waterfront and bars. Top sights around the area include Constance Tower, Phare de la Mediterranee and Mare Nostrum Aquarium.
- You'll find 1925 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Montpellier
- The closest major airport is in Montpellier (MPL-Montpellier - Mediterranean), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nimes (FNI-Garons), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in La Grande-Motte
The city's natural beauty is on display at La Grande Motte Beach, Le Grau-du-Roi Beach and Gulf of Lion. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Casino de la Grande Motte and Grande-Motte Golf.
In Aigues-Mortes, you can choose from 164 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel Europe - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hôtel de la Plage Art & Emotions - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Golf Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Top places to visit outside the city include Constance Tower, 5.2 mi/8.4 km from the city centre, and Phare de la Mediterranee, which is 8 mi (12.9 km) away.
Dressing for La Grande-Motte
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- La Grande-Motte gets about 604.40 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C