Search Hotels in Luneburg Heath
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 22 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 14 May 2019
Visiting Luneburg Heath
Visitors to Luneburg Heath are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the city include Heide-Park and Serengeti Park.
- There are 368 hotels and other accommodation options in Luneburg Heath
- The closest major airport is in Hannover (HAJ), 38 mi (61.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hamburg (HAM), 46.8 mi (75.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Luneburg Heath
Cultural venues in the city include Hosseringen Museum, Holdenstedt Castle Museum and Oldau Technical Museum. Attractions like Heide-Park, Serengeti Park and Weltvogelpark Walsrode are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Jod Sole Spa, Bergen-Belsen Memorial and Hundertwasser-Bahnhof.
In Schneverdingen, you'll find 368 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ringhotel Celler Tor - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Celle District can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Meinsbur Boutique Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Harburg District can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel GUT Bardenhagen - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting around Luneburg Heath
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Munster (Örtze) Station, Brockhöfe Station or Soltau (Han) Nord Station. Luneburg Heath might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Luneburg Heath
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Luneburg Heath each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -3°C