Families will find kid-friendly activities in Letterkenny, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Around the area, top sights include Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial, Derry City Walls and Tower Museum.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Letterkenny
- The closest major airport is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 23.6 mi (37.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Letterkenny
Notable city landmarks like Letterkenny Cathedral and Newmills Corn and Flax Mills might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Letterkenny Leisure Centre and Letterkenny Town Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 22 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Letterkenny. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bridgeburn House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Castle Grove - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- McGettigan's Hotel Letterkenny - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial, located 16.6 mi (26.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Derry City Walls, which is 16.6 mi (26.7 km) away.
Dressing for Letterkenny
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Letterkenny gets about 850.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C