Families will find kid-friendly activities in Langkawi, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Kuah Jetty, Langkawi Beach and Pantai Cenang Beach.
- There are 330 hotels and other accommodation options in Langkawi
- The closest major airport is in Langkawi (LGK-Langkawi Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Alor Setar (AOR-Sultan Abdul Halim), 42.6 mi (68.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Langkawi
Cultural venues in the city include Mahsuri Mausoleum, Atma Alam and Rice Museum Langkawi. Families come for attractions such as Langkawi Cable Car, Underwater World and Langkawi Wildlife Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Eagle Square, Langkawi Sky Bridge and Al-Hana Mosque.
In Langkawi, you'll find 330 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kunang-Kunang Heritage Villas - This 3-star lodge features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- The Datai Langkawi - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this resort. This 5-star resort features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free valet parking.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other favourite sights in Langkawi include Kuah Jetty, Langkawi Beach and Pantai Cenang Beach. One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Ko Tarutao National Marine Park, 19.5 mi/31.4 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Langkawi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 34°C and the night-time average to be 23°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 34°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Langkawi is 70 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 34°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°C