Search Hotels in Ko Yao Yai
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Ko Yao Yai
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Ko Yao Yai, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Khlong Muang Beach, Nopparat Thara Beach and Ao Nang Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodation options in Ko Yao Yai
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Krabi (KBV-Krabi Intl.), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ko Yao Yai
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Ao Phang-nga National Park, Loh Paret Beach and Fasai Beach. Taking a tour is just one of the top activities, while Klong Hia Pier and Loh Jark Pier are sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add At Lamiya Mosque to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Ko Yao Yai. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- GLOW Elixir Koh Yao Yai - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Thiw Son Beach Resort - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Koh Yao Yai Village - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Top places to see around the area include Khlong Muang Beach, 12.7 mi/20.5 km from the city centre, and Nopparat Thara Beach, which is 16.1 mi (25.8 km) away.
Dressing for Ko Yao Yai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 23°C
- Average annual rainfall for Ko Yao Yai is 74 millimetres
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°C