Visitors can enjoy all that Keningau has to offer including the parks and monuments. There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.), 43.7 mi (70.3 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Keningau
Favourite places to visit in the city include Keningau Oath Stone, Crocker Range National Park and Crocker Range Park. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your visit to Keningau, you might not be able to find accommodation in the city centre, but you can choose from 17 hotels and other lodging types in the region. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Manis Manis Rooftop of Borneo Resort is located 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the heart of Keningau. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Keningau can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and location.
- Pan Borneo Hotel Kota Kinabalu is 41.7 mi (67.1 km) from central Keningau. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kota Kinabalu can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Adel Hotel is 41.8 mi (67.2 km) from the centre of Keningau. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kota Kinabalu can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Keningau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 24°C
- Keningau gets about 93 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas October and March are often coldest, averaging 24°C