Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Keflavik, which is also known for its museums and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its cafes and local tours. A top sight in the area is Blue Lagoon.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodation options in Keflavik
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (KEF-Keflavik Intl.), 2 mi (3.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 21 mi (33.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Keflavik
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Duus Hus Cultural Centre, The Icelandic Museum of Rock 'n' Roll and Reykjanes Heritage Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and Giantess Cave. Additionally, you might want to add Reykjanes Art Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Keflavik. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Svítan Guesthouse & Apartments - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hótel Berg - Our customers love the WiFi and quiet rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bergas Guesthouse - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a marina, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Blue Lagoon, 8.9 mi/14.3 km from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Keflavik
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 3°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 12°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 13°C with night-time averages of 4°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 8°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- About 28 millimetres of rain falls on Keflavik each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 12°C, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging -2°C