Visitors can enjoy all that Katerini has to offer including the cocktail bars and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe. A top sight in the area is Mount Olympus.
- There are 88 hotels and other accommodation options in Katerini
- The closest major airport is in Thessaloniki (SKG-Macedonia), 30.1 mi (48.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kozani (KZI-Filippos), 35.3 mi (56.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Katerini
Notable city landmarks like Agia Fotini Church and Elatohori Church of St Nicholas might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Olympic Beach and Elatohori Ski Center.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Mount Olympus, located 14.9 mi (24 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Katerini
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Katerini gets about 470 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C