Travellers to Izmir give high marks for the shopping and seaside. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants and cafes. Top sights in the city include Smyrna, Kadifekale and Konak Square.
- There are 228 hotels and other accommodation options in Izmir
- The closest major airport is in Izmir (ADB-Adnan Menderes), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Izmir
Cultural venues in the city include İzmir Archeological Museum, Izmir Fair and Izmir Museum of History and Art. Attractions like Aqua City, Balcova Cable Car and Izmir Wildlife Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Smyrna, Kadifekale and Konak Square.
In Menderes, you'll find 228 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Met Boutique Hotel - Boutique Class - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Izmir City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Key Hotel - Boutique Class - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Izmir City Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with free WiFi.
- Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Izmir City Centre can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other top sights in Izmir include İzmir Clock Tower and Izmir Harbour.
Getting around Izmir
With so many choices for transport, seeing Izmir is easy. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Basmane Station, Cankaya Station and Hilal Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Izmir Basmane Station, Izmir Kemer Station or Izmir Alsancak Terminal Station.
Dressing for Izmir
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 35°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Izmir is 24 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 4°C