Visiting Isle of Iona
Visitors can enjoy all that Isle of Iona has to offer including the beaches, temples and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and museums.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Isle of Iona
- The closest major airport is in Colonsay, Scotland (CSA), 19.7 mi (31.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tiree (TRE), 21.4 mi (34.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Isle of Iona
Notable city landmarks like Iona Abbey and St. Oran's Chapel might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dun I and Iona Heritage Centre.
Below is a top-rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Ardoran House B&B - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and a free area shuttle. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Isle of Iona
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 16°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Isle of Iona each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 16°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C