History buffs will enjoy exploring Hvar, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafes. Top sights around the area include Hvar Fortress and Zlatni Rat Beach.
- There are 245 hotels and other accommodation options in Hvar
- The closest major airport is in Brac Island (BWK), 14.4 mi (23.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Split (SPU), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hvar
The city's cultural venues include Hvar Public Theater and Franciscan Monastery and Heritage Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hvar Fortress, Hvar Town Arsenal, and St Stephen's Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Milna Beach, Dubovica Beach and Pokonji Dol Beach.
In Jelsa, there are 245 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Nora - This 3-star hotel in Hvar Old Town features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Hotel Fortuna - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Vila Lacman - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Zlatni Rat Beach, located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Hvar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Hvar is 32 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C