Search Hotels in Highlands, NC
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 23 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 24 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 13 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 5 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 16 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 16 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 27 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 9 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 14 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 29 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 7 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 22 Oct 2020
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Highlands, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views. Scenic and cultural, this city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. A top sight in the city is Lake Jocassee.
- There are 379 hotels and other accommodation options in Highlands
- The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 45.6 mi (73.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Highlands
Cultural venues in the city include Highlands Playhouse, Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts and Franklin Gem and Mineral Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Cherokee Ruby & Sapphire Mine, Jackson Hole Gem Mine and Cowee Mountain Ruby Mine. The mountains, waterfalls and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Lake Jocassee, Dry Falls and Whitewater Falls are worth a visit.
In Sylva, you can choose from 379 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Half-Mile Farm - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Highlands Hills features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Franklin Terrace - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Park on Main - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Great Smoky Mountains Railroad, located 29.7 mi (47.8 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Highlands
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 18°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- Highlands gets about 1375.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Highlands?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Highlands, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Highlands?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Highlands?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Highlands?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Highlands?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Highlands?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Highlands?
What's the best golf hotel in Highlands?
Where's the best place to stay for a winter holiday in Highlands?
Highlands Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Highlands by Star Rating
- Hotels near Highlands Airports
- Areas of Highlands
- Accommodation near Highlands Attractions
- More accommodation types in Highlands
- Choose Your Highlands Hotel Style
- Search Highlands Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Highlands
- Hotels Near Highlands, North Carolina
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends