Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Gurun, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and gardens. Welcoming and scenic, this city also attracts visitors with its golfing.
- Though not directly in Gurun, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- February is the most expensive month to travel here, while July tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Alor Setar (AOR-Sultan Abdul Halim), 27.2 mi (43.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Gurun
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and golfing, while Semeling Jetty is one place to visit
- Also popular for its shopping, scenery, and gardens
Getting around Gurun
There are plenty of options for getting around Gurun. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transportation.
Dressing for Gurun
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, while the average at night is 23°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 31°C with nighttime averages of 23°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and nighttime averages of 23°C
- Average annual rainfall for Gurun is 68 millimetres