Search Hotels in Graz
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 3 Dec 2019
Reviewed on 30 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 26 Feb 2020
Where to stay in Graz
Graz City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(12 area reviews)
Shopping, restaurants and historical sites are some highlights of Graz City Centre. Make a stop by Styrian Armoury or Casino Graz while you're exploring.
You'll enjoy the museums and parks in Eggenberg. You might want to make time for a stop at Eggenberg Palace or Planet Garden.
4/5Very Good!(13 area reviews)
Lend is noteworthy for its historical sites, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Murinsel and Graz Art Museum.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Graz, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and art. Top sights in the city include Graz Town Hall, Styrian Armoury and Graz Cathedral.
- There are 89 hotels and other accommodation options in Graz
- The closest major airport is in Graz (GRZ-Thalerhof), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Graz
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Styrian Armoury, Graz Art Museum and Eggenberg Palace. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Graz Cathedral, Mausoleum of Emperor Ferdinand II, and Graz Main Square. Shopping is one of the favourite things to do, so consider an excursion to Farmers Market on Kaiser-Josef-Platz, Farmer's Market on Lendplatz and MURPARK Shopping Center.
Other top sights in Graz include Graz Town Hall. A top sight outside the city is Austrian Open Air Museum, 8.4 mi/13.5 km from the city centre.
Getting around Graz
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Graz Central Station or Graz Ost-Messe Station. Graz might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Graz
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- Graz gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -5°C