Visiting Grand Lake
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Grand Lake, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and magnificent mountain views. In Grand Lake, there are 122 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 44.3 mi (71.2 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Grand Lake
Cultural venues in the city include Kauffman House Museum, Grand Lake Area Historical Society and Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre. The lakes, mountains and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Columbine Lake and Cascade Falls. Snowmobile riding is one of the top activities, while Grand Lake Marina, Adams Falls Trail and Grand Lake Golf Course are favourite sights to visit.
In Estes Park, you'll find 122 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Western Riviera Lodging - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Gateway Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this lodge. With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Grand Lake Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Grand Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is -5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of -2°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -18°C
- About 305 millimetres of rain falls on Grand Lake each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -17°C