Guests will appreciate the bars, restaurants and spas in Gort. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, relaxing city has to offer, including its sporting events, live music and entertainment. A top attraction is Kilmacduagh.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Shannon (SNN), 26 mi (41.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Gort
- Known for its live music scene, whereas Kiltartan Hedge School, Michael Cusack Centre, and Clare Heritage Centre Museum are some local cultural sights
- Popular family attractions include Burren Perfumery and Woodville Walled Garden
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, including Kilmacduagh, Thoor Ballylee, and Dunguaire Castle
Getting around Gort
There are plenty of options for getting around Gort. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Gort Station.
Staying in Gort
Searching for a charming or small, stylish hotel? You might love Lady Gregory Hotel, Leisure Centre & Spa.
Lady Gregory Hotel, Leisure Centre & Spa, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Gort
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Gort gets about 921 millimetres of rain per year