Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, bars, and spas in Gorey. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and relaxing, riverfront city can discover its sporting events, shopping, and entertainment.
- There are 4 Gorey hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Waterford (WAT), 49.1 mi (79 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Gorey
- Well-known for its live music scene and cultural attractions such as Tinahely Courthouse Arts Centre and Mottee Stone
- The natural beauty of the riverfront is picturesque, and Morriscastle Beach is worth a visit
- Shopping is tops in the area, and Bridgewater Shopping Centre is a favourite locale for retail therapy
Getting around Gorey
Gorey has many options for getting around. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Gorey Station.
Staying in Gorey
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Amber Springs Hotel & Health Spa, averaging GBP 167.32/night
- Ashdown Park Hotel, averaging GBP 158.21/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Amber Springs Hotel & Health Spa with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating while Ashdown Park Hotel has a 3.8 rating by guests.
Dressing for Gorey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Gorey is 27 millimetres