Visitors can enjoy all that Georgioupolis has to offer including the parks and seaside. The cosy and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Fortezza Castle, Old Venetian Harbour and Seitan Limania Beach.
- There are 184 hotels and other accommodation options in Georgioupolis
- The closest major airport is in Chania (CHQ-Ioannis Daskalogiannis), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Georgioupolis
The city's natural beauty is on display at Georgioupolis Beach, Lake Kournas and Lake Kournas. Additionally, in the area you'll find Fortezza Castle and Old Venetian Harbour.
In Rethymno, there are 184 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Anemos Luxury Grand Resort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Anatoli Beach - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Hydramis Palace Beach Resort - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Seitan Limania Beach, located 13.6 mi (21.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Old Venetian Harbor, which is 17.3 mi/27.9 km away.
Dressing for Georgioupolis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 18°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 9°C
- Georgioupolis gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°C