Visitors to Furnas are sure to enjoy the gardens, spas and art. Relaxing and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its bars and restaurants.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodation options in Furnas
- The closest major airport is in Ponta Delgada (PDL-Joao Paulo II), 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Furnas
The gardens and hot springs highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lagoa das Furnas, Terra Nostra Park and Poca da Dona Beija. Additionally, you might want to add Caldeiras das Furnas to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Furnas. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Terra Nostra Garden Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Vista do Vale - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Furnas
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 12°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 12°C as the night-time average
- Furnas gets about 714.30 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°C