Dirty, grimy, loud
My daughter and I stayed at the University Square Hotel the night before a volley ball tournament. For the price, I expected something much better. First of all, the room was dirty. The light switch plate has visible grime on it, and it was sticky. We had to use a washcloth to protect our hands when we touched it. There was a maxi pad under the bed, dust on everything, the thermostat was dangling and didn't work properly, and there was mold around the sink and tub. There was also a ceiling light fixture on a motion sensor, and it went on in the middle of the night multiple times simply because one of us adjusted the covers or rolled over! Very disruptive! It also went off if someone got up to use the bathroom, and this was a very bright light that flooded the room! To top it all off, the floors in the entire hotel are laminate. Therefore, it is incredibly noisy. It sounded like someone was roller blading over head for most of the night, and the unsupervised high schoolers who were running amok through the halls (must have been on a school trip of some kind) made getting any sleep difficult. The towels had holes and were shredding on the edges, and did not smell clean.