Search Hotels in French Pyrénées
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 13 Apr 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting French Pyrénées
Families will find kid-friendly activities in French Pyrénées, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Countryside and secluded, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and skiing. Top sights in the city include Lombrives Cave, Montsegur Castle and Gorges de la Frau.
- There are 3374 hotels and other accommodation options in French Pyrénées
- The closest major airport is in La Seu d'Urgell (LEU), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in French Pyrénées
Cultural venues in the city include Ceret Museum of Modern Art, Rail Model Ariegeois and Les Forges de Pyrène. Families come for attractions such as Banyuls-sur-Mer Aquarium, Pic du Midi Cable Car and Cirque du Lys Gondola. The city is notable for landmarks like Montsegur Castle, St-Michel-de-Cuixa Abbey and Royal Castle.
In Vielha e Mijaran, you can choose from 3374 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Le Lion d'Or - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, a bar and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Hôtel de la Gare - This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Le Manoir D Agnès - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in French Pyrénées include Lombrives Cave, Gorges de la Frau and Church of Notre-Dame-des-Anges. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Tristaina Lakes, located 16.1 mi (26 km) from the heart of the city, and Baqueira Beret Ski Resort, which is 17 mi/27.3 km away.
Getting around French Pyrénées
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Tarascon-sur-Ariège Station, Foix Station or Les Cabannes Station. French Pyrénées may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for French Pyrénées
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 5°C at night
- French Pyrénées gets about 19 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 5°C