Visitors can enjoy all that Forbach has to offer including its restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Forbach
- The closest major airport is in Saarbruecken (SCN), 10.2 mi (16.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Forbach
Places to visit in the larger region include Voelklingen Ironworks, Saarland Therme and Sarreguemines Museum. Additionally, you'll find Westwall Bunker and Gondwana - Das Praehistorium in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Forbach, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 90 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Mercure Forbach is located in central Forbach. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Forbach can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Nice Apartment 2 Rooms Forbach is 1 mi (1.5 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Saarbruecken can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting around Forbach
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Forbach-Frontiere Station or Forbach Station. Forbach might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Forbach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- About 28 millimetres of rain falls on Forbach each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -1°C