Trouble in Paradise
I stayed at this property ten years ago; unfortunately, the area has changed for the worse. When we were there, the lodge was inundated with tour bus visitors who were drinking, playing loud music, and running drone boats next to the shore. Yappy dogs were everywhere on the lakeside trail. The real problems, however, related to the Lodge. At lunch, the small restaurant was obviously short-staffed, which cause long lines for tables. For dinner, the food was just average (and not nearly on par with offerings at Pyramid Lake, Banff Springs, or Lake Louise). The following morning, I exhibited symptoms of MSG toxicity. That same evening, we requested a lighter weight blanket to replace the winter-weight duvet. Housekeeping left it in our room and had not noticed that the white blanket had a large (18" diameter) urine stain - which I can only assume was caused by a previous renter using it as a sleeping pad for their dog.