Search Ennis Hotels, County Clare
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 7 Aug 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 30 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 13 Jan 2020
Reviewed on 30 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 23 Aug 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Ennis, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, golf courses and entertainment. Around the area, top sights include Skycourt Shopping Centre, Bunratty Castle and Folk Park and Kilmacduagh.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Ennis
- The closest major airport is in Shannon (SNN), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ennis
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Quin Abbey, Clare Museum and Craggaunowen. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ennis Friary and Knappogue Castle. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Ennis Golf Club, Woodstock Golf and Country Club and Woodstock Golf Club are favourite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Ennis. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clare Manor - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Ardilaun Guesthouse - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Old Ground Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Skycourt Shopping Centre, 10.2 mi/16.4 km from the city centre, and Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, which is 12.4 mi (20 km) away.
Getting around Ennis
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Ennis Station. Ennis may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ennis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Ennis gets about 918 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C