Families will find kid-friendly activities in Elgin, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its bars. Sears Center, Woodfield Mall and Chicago Premium Outlets are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1743 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 20.5 mi (32.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elgin
Favourite places to visit in the city include Grand Victoria Casino, Hemmens Cultural Center and The Highlands of Elgin. Additionally, you might want to add Elgin Sports Complex to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Elgin. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elgin, IL - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Elgin - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Sears Center, located 4.3 mi (7 km) from the heart of the city, and Woodfield Mall, which is 12.7 mi/20.5 km away.
Getting around Elgin
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Elgin Station, Elgin National Street Station or Elgin Big Timber Road Station. Elgin might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Elgin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -9°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -8°C as the night-time average
- About 937 millimetres of rain falls on Elgin each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C