Visiting Elba Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Elba Island has to offer including the archaeological sites, waterfront and aquarium. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests.
- There are 1160 hotels and other accommodation options in Elba Island
- The closest major airport is in Portoferraio (EBA-Marina Di Campo), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Elba Island
Cultural venues in the city include The Napoleonic Residences National Museum, Mineral Park of Elba Island and Villa of San Martino. Attractions like Isola D'Elba Tennis Club, Elba Island Aquarium and Porto Azzurro Diving Center are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Arcipelago Toscano National Park Visitors Centre, Misericordia Church and Villa Romana della Linguella.
In Portoferraio, there are 1160 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Albergo Le Briciole - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel Dino - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Mistral Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room LCD TVs.
Dressing for Elba Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Elba Island gets about 594.10 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C