Visitors can enjoy all that Einsiedeln has to offer including the temples, cathedral and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and mountain views. A top sight in the area is Rapperswil Castle.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Einsiedeln
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 24.1 mi (38.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Einsiedeln
A couple of favourite places to visit are Einsiedeln Abbey and Schafbock- und Lebkuchenmuseum Goldapfel. Additionally, you'll find Rapperswil Castle in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Einsiedeln. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel St.Georg - This 3-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hotel Sonne - Our customers like the helpful staff and walkable location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Getting around Einsiedeln
Head to Einsiedeln S-Bahn for metro transport. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Einsiedeln
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Einsiedeln gets about 1089.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 0°C