Translation is not available.
Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel3-star Edinburgh hotel in Old Town, walk to St. Giles' Cathedral
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Located in Old Town, this hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Museum of Childhood, St. Giles' Cathedral and Greyfriars Kirk. Festival Theatre and Our Dynamic Earth are also within 10 minutes.
A bar/lounge, a meeting room and a 24-hour front desk are available at this smoke-free hotel. Free buffet breakfast and free WiFi in public areas are also provided. Additionally, a computer station, express check-in and express check-out are on-site.
All 78 rooms feature comforts such as pillow menus and down comforters, while conveniences include sofa beds and coffee makers. For a bit of entertainment, LCD TVs come with digital channels, and guests will also find complimentary wireless Internet access and free newspapers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Royal Mile
A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast. A computer station is located on-site and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This business-friendly hotel also offers tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff and complimentary newspapers in the lobby.
Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Royal Mile is a smoke-free property.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness centre (discount)
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- 24-hour front desk
- Free breakfast
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 78
- Television in common areas
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 5
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sofa bed
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Sofa bed
- Digital TV service
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Down comforter
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Sofa bed size
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Guests are offered a complimentary hot/cold buffet breakfast.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of GBP 20 per pet (varies based on length of stay).
- Dogs only
- 1 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No on-site parking is available.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 11.25 24 hours
- Pet fee: GBP20 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Late check-out fee: GBP30.00
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Royal Mile Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Royal Mile Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Royal Mile
- Holiday Inn Express Royal Mile
We should mention
Children aged 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.