Visitors can enjoy all that Dorset has to offer including the parks and theatres. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Stratton Mountain Resort, Bromley Mountain Ski Resort and Magic Mountain Ski Resort are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 158 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Bennington
- The closest major airport is in Rutland, VT (RUT-Rutland Southern Vermont Regional), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glens Falls, NY (GFL-Floyd Bennett Memorial), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dorset
A favourite place to visit in the city is Dorset Playhouse. Additionally, in the area you'll find Stratton Mountain Resort and Bromley Mountain Ski Resort.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Dorset. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- The Marble West Inn is located 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Dorset can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- The Dorset Inn is 1.5 mi (2.5 km) from the city's heart. This 3.5-star inn in Dorset features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- Barrows House is located within 1.4 mi (2.3 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Dorset can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Magic Mountain Ski Resort, located 15.5 mi (25 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Dorset
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -14°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is -3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -12°C
- Dorset gets about 1027 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -12°C