Visiting Discovery Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Discovery Bay, and visitors give high marks for the seaside and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Discovery Bay Golf Club, Silvermine Beach and Hong Kong Disneyland.
- There are 922 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Discovery Bay
Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Discovery Bay Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Silvermine Beach and Hong Kong Disneyland.
Here's a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong - This 4-star hotel in Islands District features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Citygate Outlets, located 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city centre, and AsiaWorld-Expo, which is 4.9 mi (7.9 km) away.
Dressing for Discovery Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°C and the night-time average to be 12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 14°C at night
- About 81 millimetres of rain falls on Discovery Bay each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 13°C