Visiting De Bilt
Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, biking, and bars in De Bilt. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming, urban city has to offer, including its museums, architecture, and shopping.
- Though not directly in De Bilt, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, while June tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 23.3 mi (37.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around De Bilt
- Biking, boating, and rowing are top activities, while sights to visit include Piet Hein Marina
- Known for its museums, theatres, and live music, including cultural attractions such as Rietveld-Schröderhuis House, Railway Museum, and Utrecht City Theatre
De Bilt is 22.3 mi (35.9 km) from Amsterdam. Popular sights in the area include Pyramid of Austerlitz and Sonnenborgh Museum and Observatory.
Staying in De Bilt
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Van der Valk Hotel de Bilt - Utrecht, averaging GBP 94.6 per night. Van der Valk Hotel de Bilt - Utrecht, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.2 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for De Bilt
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the nighttime average
- De Bilt gets about 775 millimetres of rain per year