Visitors can enjoy all that Cosenza has to offer including the monuments, art and theatres. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and museums. A top sight in the area is Sila National Park.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodation options in Cosenza
- The closest major airport is in Lamezia Terme (SUF-Lamezia Terme Intl.), 27.1 mi (43.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cosenza
The city's cultural venues include Arnone Palace and Teatro Morelli. The city is notable for landmarks like Duomo di Cosenza, Hohenstaufen Castle and Chiostro di San Domenico. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chamber of Commerce of Industry And Agriculture and Church of Sant'Agostino.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Cosenza. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Vescovo Rosso - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Link Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Royal Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Sila National Park, located 18.3 mi (29.5 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Cosenza
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Cosenza Station. Cosenza might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Cosenza
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Cosenza each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 7°C