Visitors to Compiegne are sure to enjoy the bars and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, parks and monuments. A top sight in the area is Chateau de Pierrefonds.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Compiegne
- The closest major airport is in Paris (CDG-Roissy-Charles de Gaulle), 30.8 mi (49.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Paris (BVA-Beauvais), 32.4 mi (52.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Compiegne
Notable city landmarks like Palais Nacional and Clairiere de l'Armistice might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Compiegne Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Compiegne Hotel de Ville and Musee de la Figurine Historique.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Compiegne. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Hotel Les Beaux Arts - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Centre Ville can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and walkable location.
- Kyriad Compiegne - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Citotel De Harlay - This 3-star hotel in Centre Ville features free WiFi, a bar and parking. Expedia customers love its WiFi and high-quality beds.
A top sight outside the city is Chateau de Pierrefonds, located 8.5 mi (13.8 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Compiegne
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Compiègne Station. Compiegne might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Compiegne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Compiegne gets about 622.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 0°C