History buffs will enjoy exploring Cody, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums and beautiful parks. This city also attracts tourists with its art. A top sight in the city is Yellowstone National Park East Entrance.
- There are 143 hotels and other accommodation options in Cody
- The closest major airport is in Cody, WY (COD-Yellowstone Regional), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cody
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Buffalo Bill Center of the West, Cody Cattle Company and Cody Dug Up Gun Museum. Attractions like Old Trail Town and Buffalo Bill Cody Stampede Arena are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Buffalo Bill Dam, Heart Mountain Interpretive Center, and Pryor Mountain Wild Mustang.
In Wapiti, you can choose from 143 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Historic Wapiti Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- The Cody Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Chamberlin Inn Cody - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Cody include Yellowstone National Park East Entrance.
Dressing for Cody
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -9°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -9°C as the night-time average
- About 267 millimetres of rain falls on Cody each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°C