Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 4 Jan 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Cebu Island
3.5/5Good!(5 area reviews)
Downtown Cebu is noteworthy for its churches, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral and Magellan's Cross.
4/5Very Good!(17 area reviews)
Lahug is known for its abundant dining options, and you can plan a trip to Philippines Taoist Temple and Waterfront Cebu City Casino while you're in town.
3/5(6 area reviews)
While visiting Capitol Site, you might make a stop by sights like Fuente Osmena Circle and Jose Rizal Memorial Library.
2.5/5(3 area reviews)
While there might not be top attractions in Mabolo, you can explore the larger area and discover places like SM City Cebu and Ayala Center.
4/5Very Good!(2 area reviews)
When in Bakilid, you can plan a visit to J Centre Mall and City Time Square, some noteworthy sights in the nearby area.
Visiting Cebu Island
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cebu Island, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights in the city include SM Seaside City Cebu, Fuente Osmena Circle and Magellan's Cross.
- There are 939 hotels and other accommodation options in Cebu Island
- The closest major airport is in Cebu (CEB-Mactan - Cebu Intl.), 17.7 mi (28.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Panglao (TAG-Bohol Intl.), 53 mi (85.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cebu Island
Cultural venues in the city include Jumalon Butterfly Sanctuary And Art Gallery, Jose Rizal Memorial Library and Jose R. Gullas Halad Museum. Families come for attractions such as Adventure Cafe Zipline, Cebu Zoo and Green Lagoon Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Fuente Osmena Circle, Magellan's Cross and Philippines Taoist Temple.
In Lapu-Lapu, there are 939 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Les Maisons D'itac - This 3-star guesthouse features 3 outdoor pools, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and pool.
- Las Flores Country & Beachside Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- OYO 234 18 Suites Cebu - This 3-star hotel in Lahug features free WiFi, free parking and 24-hour room service. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Other favourite sights in Cebu Island include SM Seaside City Cebu, Ayala Center and Cebu IT Park.
Dressing for Cebu Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the night-time average to be 24°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 25°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 25°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cebu Island is 50 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°C