Families will find kid-friendly activities in Carrollton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, university setting and sporting events.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodation options in Carrollton
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 34.6 mi (55.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 36.4 mi (58.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carrollton
Cultural venues in the city include Newnan Theatre Company, Lowell Opry House and Pine Mountain Gold Museum at Stockmar Park. Notable city landmarks like The Bradley Street Train Depot and Southern Hills Christian Church might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Carl Miller Park, John Tanner Park and Chattahoochee Bend State Park.
In Douglasville, you can choose from 59 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carrollton West - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Newnan - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Courtyard Carrollton - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Carrollton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Carrollton gets about 1306 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 0°C