Visitors to Canet-en-Roussillon are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium, wineries and spas. Top sights in the city include Canet Beach and Saint-Cyprien-Plage.
- There are 128 hotels and other accommodation options in Canet-en-Roussillon
- The closest major airport is in Perpignan (PGF-Perpignan - Rivesaltes Intl.), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Canet-en-Roussillon
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Canet Beach, Saint-Cyprien-Plage and Plage Nord. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aquarium de Canet-en-Roussillon and Mas Baux.
In Saint-Cyprien, you can choose from 128 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel Host & Vinum - This 4-star hotel in Méditerranée features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and quiet location.
- Hotel Le Galion - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Le Grand Large features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Hôtel Saint-Georges, face à la mer - This 2-star hotel in La Jetée features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include St. Jacques Church, 6.7 mi/10.8 km from the heart of the city, and Palace of the Kings of Majorca, which is 7.1 mi/11.4 km away.
Dressing for Canet-en-Roussillon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Canet-en-Roussillon is 493.90 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 5°C