Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Cabarete, which is also known for its bars and entertainment. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and live music. Top sights around the area include Sosua Beach, Playa Dorada and Fort San Felipe.
- You'll find 895 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Puerto Plata
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Plata (POP-Gregorio Luperon Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santiago (STI-Cibao Intl.), 27.1 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cabarete
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Cabarete Beach, Kite Beach and Encuentro Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Sosua Beach and Playa Dorada.
In Sosua, you can choose from 222 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Millennium Resort & Spa - This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
- Ocean Manor Resort Cabarete Dominican Republic - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with a private balcony.
- Natura Cabana by Mint - This 3.5-star hotel features a private beach, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Fort San Felipe, 18.9 mi/30.5 km from the heart of the city, and Pico Isabel de Torres, which is 19.6 mi (31.5 km) away.
Dressing for Cabarete
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 20°C
- From April to June, the average is 34°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 33°C as the daytime average and 20°C as the night-time average
- About 43 millimetres of rain falls on Cabarete each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 34°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°C