Visitors can enjoy all that Belem has to offer including the bars, parks and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, opera houses and churches. Top sights in the city include Basilica of Our Lady of Nazareth, Nossa Senhora da Paz Theater and Se Cathedral.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodation options in Belem
- The closest major airport is in Belem (BEL-Val de Cans Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Belem
Cultural venues in the city include Nossa Senhora da Paz Theater, Paraense Emilio Goeldi Museum and Margarida Schivazappa Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Basilica of Our Lady of Nazareth, Se Cathedral and Republican Square. The city's natural beauty is on display at Brasilia Beach, Utinga State Park and Bosque Rodrigues Alves Jardim Botanico da Amazonia.
In Marituba, there are 61 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Atrium Quinta de Pedras Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in Cidade Velha features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Go Inn Belém - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Campina features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Hotel Grão Pará - This 3-star hotel in Campina features free breakfast, free WiFi and a computer station. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Dressing for Belem
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 22°C
- Average annual rainfall for Belem is 76 millimetres
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas April and December are often coldest, averaging 22°C